Its funny thinking that we almost didn't go. Not because we couldn't, but simply because we didn't realize how much we needed to.
Ian and I have been busy with wedding planning and we honestly didn't even think about going back to Minneapolis to celebrate our wedding.
It wasn't until Debbie, Ian's momma, mentioned that it might be fun if we had a lil' party at their home so that the whole Hanka family in Minnesota could celebrate with us.
When she mentioned the idea Ian and I were in immediate agreement-we had to go!Plans for the weekend so far include state fair (I gotta get my hands on some chocolate covered bacon-on a stick), church basement style engagement party, breakfast with the Hanka's, and COCONUT CAKE!
This cake is quite possibly the best cake I have ever had.
It is composed of a light and airy cake layered with a caramel butter cream frosting topped with shredded coconut and dusted with cinnamon. It is perfection, and it can only be found at French Meadow Bakery in Minneapolis-unless your absolutely amazing soon to be mother in law orders a sheet cake version for your engagement party...
More details to come!!!
I live in Minneapolis & LOVE French Meadow. Nice that you could celebrate your wedding with your MN fam! congrats! enjoy the rest of the preparations & of course, the big day! <3 www.rubygirlblog.com
ReplyDeleteLINDSEY!!! cannot wait to hear more about the trip!!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you made it! We had so much fun and made so many special memories. Oh joy!
ReplyDelete