Friday, August 12, 2011

WHIMSY

I'm not sure why, but for some reason, for as long as I can remember I have adored the word whimsy.
I love saying it, spelling it, observing it and feeling it. Its hopeful, luxurious, curious, and just plain darling.
I think it might have something to do with the fact that I crave structure. I love when everything goes according to plan. I like knowing the end result before I go on the journey.
That being said, there is nothing more undesirable than a life planned out. The beauty is in the unplanned, the imperfections, and willingness to let spontaneity take the lead.
Its true, we need a balance between the mundane and excitement, but I also think its more fun with a pinch of whimsy.


whim·sy

"whimsy pronunciation"[hwim-zee, wim-]
noun, plural -sies.
1.
capricious humor or disposition; extravagant, fanciful, or excessively playful expression: a play with lots of whimsy.
2.
an odd or fanciful notion.
3.
anything odd or fanciful; a product of playful or capricious fancy: a whimsy from an otherwise thoughtful writer.

No comments:

Post a Comment