Monday, August 29, 2011

a part of something

This weekend, I was lucky enough to go to Minneapolis with my mother and fiancee for a weekend full of love, good food, laughter, and simplicity. It would be an understatement to say that the wedding shower/reception at my fiancee's parents home was amazing-it was perfect. Half way through introductions, food, hugs and chit-chat my fiancee's cousin gave me two of the most beautiful gifts I could have imagined.
The first was art. Art I could wear!
That being said, the set she presented to me were more than just perfectly crafted acrylic earrings. Whether or not she knew, when she gave me the earrings she also gave a materialized sense of belonging.

When I put the earrings on and looked in the mirror I began to realize that so many of the amazing women in the family I would soon be joining were wearing a piece made by Tia. It was in that moment that I realized how lucky I am. I have the most brilliant and loving mother a girl could ask for, a man who inspires me everyday, and a clan of Minnesotans who just make me smile. It doesn't get much better than that.







for more inspiration...
 http://silvercocoon-handmade.blogspot.com/

1 comment: